We’ve all got electricity bills right? Well there are three frustrations of mine when it comes to my energy bill:
1. I can barely understand it.
2. I have to remember to pay it.
3. I know it goes directly towards feeding my utility’s addiction to fossil fuels.
(I just looked it up, wind and solar is less than 6% – the rest, not great.)
This is why I was happy to discover Arcadia Power.
Arcadia Power is an online energy company that gives anyone who pays a utility bill the option to choose clean energy from wind and solar farms across the US. And it takes just a minute to sign on your home or apartment.
You keep your same local utility company and Arcadia ensures your electricity usage is replenished with clean, renewable energy on your behalf – dramatically reducing your impact.
The best part: it is all at no extra cost. Zip. Nada. They even automatically find you a lower rate when available in your area – saving you up to 30%. A win for your wallet and the environment.
Here’s how it works
1. Sign up online and connect your local utility account. This took me about 1 minute.
2. For every kWh of energy you use with your local utility, they will replenish it by purchasing renewable energy from wind farms on your behalf.
3. You get one clean, simple to understand statement from Arcadia Power that your utility bill will be paid on time, any savings you got, and the positive environmental impact you had that month.
You don’t have to cancel your current utility account and still have access to it, there are no commitments – it is all a free month-to-month service that you can start or stop anytime, and once again no extra cost.
Better for the planet, better for you, and free.
Additionally, you can compare your energy usage to others on your personalized dashboard, take advantage of insights and energy-savings programs to help you lower your bills, and get rewarded with member discounts to awesome companies that they have partnered with.
About Arcadia Power
Bottom line: Arcadia Power is a fantastic service that enables apartment renters or homeowners the ability to save on their energy bills with very little downside.
Written by Andrew Lofland. Andrew loves finding innovative products that make life better for ourselves and the people around us.